Ride with Traffic
Under state law, bicycles are vechicles and should obey all traffic laws. Bicyclists should never ride against traffic or otherwise disregard rules of the road. For a safe commute follow these tips:
- Ride with traffic and obey all regulatory signs and traffic signals. By law, bicyclists are required to ride in the same direction as automobile traffic.
- Act like a car and obey the same laws as motorists.
- Use the rightmost lane heading in the direction you are traveling.
- Use hand and arm signals to indicate your intention to stop, merge or turn. Signal as a courtesy and for safety as required by law.
- Whenever possible, ride in a straight line to the right of traffic, beyond the reach of opening car doors.