In a Crash

If you get into a crash:

  • Make sure you are okay; go to the hospital if in doubt.
  • Call the police (911) and get a police report at the scene.
  • Write down the details of the incident. If you have a camera, take photos. Get names and contact information from any witnesses.
  • If you are hurt, you can file a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim, with either your auto insurance or the car driver's insurance (regardless of who is at fault). Auto insurance covers you for certain types of crashes on your bike. You may also consider hiring a personal attorney.